Located on SP-248, the township was once the lands of the Chiericati, one of the more prominent Vicenza families. The villa they built in 1590 still stands near Longa and now has a lovely English garden.
There is evidence in the land structure that the area was a Roman agro centuriated. Historical records show that there was once a castel on the land. In the mid 1400 many wealthy Venezian families started to move and built villas in the area.