HOW WE SUPPORT CYCLIST ON BIKE TOURS IN ITALY
During your next vacation to Italy plan a few days outdoors exploring beyond Venice and the main tourist paths.· There are several great attractions and adventures to explore throughout the Veneto Region.
Services are based on availability of date requested. I do not subcontract services, I guide or support every booked program myself, therefore it is important for you to book early.
A deposit holds your booking with final payment due two weeks prior to activity date.· See sign up page for payment details.
It is recommended that you bring your own helmet, seat, and pedals (with shoes) for a more comfortable bike experience.
- If you have a GPS I can provide downloaded routes for your stay, or you utilize my GPS systems which will have routes uploaded and has the Italian road base map.
- We properly adjust the bicycle to your body type, review proper usage, and road safety for Italy.
- On self guided programs you are responsible of changing tires, dropped chain, and whipping off bike after a rainy day ride.· On guided programs I will take care any bike issues.
- You are responsible for any bike damage, major mechanical repairs due to poor usage, replacing stolen bicycle or any additional gear (i.e. GPS, gear bag, spare tire kit, pump, chain, etc.)
- For self guided programs I provide route notes for each ride. I also offer an emergency service if there is a major problem.
- If you wish to start from a point other than the one listed on each itinerary there is a service charge for the travel to and from your location to deliver and pick-up the bicycle and equipment.
GUIDED TOURS ON THE BIKE (Our Green Program)
I offer guided rides with me riding along with you. I will guide you through the area, adjust the route based on how you feel during the ride, point out major sites, stop at locations to refill water bottles, and be a ready to fix flats or other mechanical problems. Routes are selected based on riding fitness and travel interest.
GUIDED TOURS WITH SUPPORT VEHICLE
If you want to ride on your own but wish to have support during your ride I offer vehicle support where I will carry water, snacks, and spare bikes. This will be your team car: where you can store extra riding kit, shoes for walking around the towns we ride through, and feel comfortable that in the unlikely event you have a problem you will have assistance.
Moto Support: For loop rides shorter than 100 kms and when there are only 1-8 riders, I utilize a Vespa or Motorcycle to lead you on the route, on board I have a spare wheel and tool kit for any problems, pre filled water bottles, and a few snacks for energy during the ride. I shadow you on your ride marking main turns this way you are comfortable to ride as you want and have support during the day. In the unlikely event of a major problem I will be able to make a quick return to the support van for additional materials.
Vehicle Support:· For rides beyond 100 kms I utilize the classic method of a support van. I provide detailed route notes and you are on your own pace. I link up every 25-30 kms, along the route to provide you water and snacks, in the unlikely event there is a mechanical issue or other problem I am available to provide quick assistance. This also allows the shuttling out to a start point and working our way back you your base hotel. If you get tried along the way you can gracefully bail and grab a lift in the van. Others who wish to ride further can do so freely. For safety on the road I do not follow riders or mark routes with the van.
Contact me to schedule your program or mix and match the above services.