BIKE TOUR PASSO DEL MORTIROLO | ALPS
The Mortirolo Pass (Passo di Mortirolo) 1852 meters a.s.l. is a mountain pass in the Alps in Italy. Also known as Passo di Foppa, it connects Mazzo di Valtellina (province of Sondrio) and Val Camonica (province of Brescia). The road from Mazzo di Valtellina is one of the most demanding climbs in professional road bicycle racing, having been used in the Giro d'Italia stage race.
There are 9 different routes up to Passo Mortirolo and each has it's specific difficulties. This is not a climb fo the pristina beauty of the climb, no great visita's or subline moments were you are taken in by the beauty of the area. The Mortirolo is about the physical challenge of the climb and the pain of estasy for the challenge of the grade. Each route up exceeds offers grades beyond the norm for average cyclist but for those that love the challenge of the climb each route is a must to do.
THE 9 ROUTES UP TO PASSO FOPPIA (THE MORTIROLO)
- From Grosotto, 14.4 km, Elevation Gain 1262 meters, Average Grade 8.76%, Time to Ride 1 hour 30 minutes
- From Tovo, 13.7 km, Elevation Gain 1320 meters, Average Grade 9.6%, Time to Ride 1 hour 37 minutes
- From Mazzo, 12.4 km, Elevation Gain 1300 meters, Average Grade 10.4%, Time to Ride 1 hour 34 minutes
- From Grosio, 14.8 km, Elevation Gain 1222 meters, Average Grade 8.25%, Time to Ride 1 hour 35 minutes
- From Monno, 10.2 km, Elevation Gain 800 metes, Average Grade 7.8%, Time to Ride 1 hour 2 minutes
- From Aprica, 25 km, Elevation Gain 650 meters, Average Grade 2.6%, Time to Ride 2 hours
- From M. Padrio, 9.4 km, Elevation Gain 920 meters, Average Grade 9.7%, Time to Ride 1 hour 10 minutes
- From Guspessa, 12.8 km, Elevation Gain 1157 meters, Average Grade 9%, Time to Ride 1 hour 27 minutes
- From Tirano, 32 km, Elevation Gain 1417 meters, Average Grade 4.4%, Time to Ride 2 hour 30 minutes