VILLA SANTA CATERINA BOULDERING AREA | TRENTINO ALTO ADIGE
Villa Santa Caterina is located just north of Brunico in the Campo Tures area and offers a nice day of bouldering in the woods on the side of a hills. There are several good problems but locals have marked the rocks with arrows to designate specific problems. I personally found the arrows to be a bit confusing (as happens many times when the rock is marked), but there are several good natural lines you can follow and just forget about the marks, unless you happen to run into a local to show you the ropes.
Nearby is a small pond (Lake) that offers camping and is full of tourist in the summer. The small town of Villa Santa Caterina does not have a lot of facilities but you can get the basic needs for food and water.
REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE LOCAL CLIMBERS AND BUY A GUIDE BOOK!
AND RESPECT THE AREA, DO NOT LITTER, CHIP, OR BE RUDE
VILLA SANTA CATERINA BOULDERING GUIDE
||Trentino Alto Adige Region Adige Region
|Nearest major city:
- Regional - Bolzano
- International - Venice Marco Polo
Regional Train to Brunico, Local bus to within walking distance of the site
|Best time of year:
Best season is March to June and September to Dec
- Good landing in most area's but a large crash pad is a must
- Stiff brush to clean (especially if in the area in August)
- Higher up on the slope can be risky if you pop off high on the route.
- This is not a destination site but worth a visit if you combine the site with other bouldering areas nearby.
- Located in the Bolzano province of the Trentino-Alto Adige.
- Best time of the year to climb is April-May the Oct and Nov
- There is a Main area of about 30 bloc's
- Higher up on the hill are a few solitary bloc's
Trentino Alto Adige Region, bouldering,