CHURCH OF SAN MAURIZIO, VENICE
The Church of San Maurizio in Venice is located in the sestiere of San Marco, in the campo San Maurizio. A church was present at the site at the time of the first reconstruction in the 16th century. A further reconstruction took place in 1806. It once housed a studio of a young Antonio Canova. Near the church was built the scuola degli Albanesi. The present church is mainly a design of the Neoclassic architect Giovanni Antonio Selva.