CAMPO SAN BARNABA, VENICE
Campo San Barnaba is a campo (square) in Venice, northern Italy. The neighborhood's church, the San Barnaba, was featured in numerous films including Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where it served as the exterior to the library.
The church of San Barnaba is a small Neoclassic-style church in district of Dorsoduro in Venice, It is located in Campo San Barnaba. It is dedicated to the Apostle Saint Barnabas.
A church at the site was built in the ninth century, but destroyed by fire in 1105. Rebuilt in 1350, it was reconstructed in present form in 1776. Cenni By Marcantonio Grimani. Using designs of Lorenzo Boschetti. To the left of the church was the entrance to the Casin dei Nobili (Casino of the Aristocracy), which was an active gaming house in the 18th century. Turismo, church entry. The church is presently deconsecrated and used for exhibits.